Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Trans Gudeg

Finally I could experience the trans-busway as well, but this is Jogja-bus-style. Yes, this bus called Trans Jogja. Same with the Trans Jakarta, this bus has a special line in operation, and have shelter in some places for stops and transit passengers.

I have very often go to jogja, whether it's just refreshing, or there is a specific purpose. But only this time I boarded the Trans Jogja bus. First, I departed from Malioboro shelter. I have not and never set destination, just let the bus flow away.





With the price of the ticket per head 3000 rupiahs, we've been able to travel around Jogja, with terms not set foot out of shelters. I think the price is a bargain, considering the current rates of city bus for far or near is 2000 rupiahs. The safety factor is most noticed matter by Trans Jogja Bus.

Operates from 05:30 until 21:30 every day. Enacted two shifts working system. Each bus departs from each shelter every morning, and stopped in the each shelter also. One thing that is different with the Trans Jakarta, there is no special-line as wide as Trans Jakarta line. This recall because the streets are not as wide as in Jakarta, and the traffic density also, so it is still possible for the bus is not stuck in traffic.

The people I met on the bus were diverse. Starting from shopaholic ladies, school students, local tourists, foreign tourists, civil servants. Even on that day, I was on the same bus with a couple of blind and deaf man. There is a facilities that I had never seen before in public transport, a special room for wheelchair users. Wow, that was a future according to my old fashioned view. Hopefully all of public transport have that facilities. 









No comments:

Post a Comment